emelfm2 disregards environment variables set in .bashrc

  • From: peter kostov <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 11:14:28 +0200

Hi,

this may be some misconfiguration on my side, but I can not make emelfm2 read the environment variables set in my .bashrc file when not started from a terminal. In other words if I start emelfm2 from a terminal everything works. But if I start it from a launcher and then try to execute some custom command (which requires some paths to be set) on a file that command fails because obviously the corresponding variables are not set within emelfm2.

I am using emelfm2-0.8.0 on Gentoo linux with Xfce 4.8.0

Please point me to a solution of that problem!

Regards,
Peter Kostov