Re: emefm2 with 64 bit hardy

  • From: "Sadako" <sadako@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:16:07 +0100 (IST)

> > Liviu Andronic wrote:
> > >>

> > > With 0.4.0 and on 32-bit Gentoo, I can confirm (several) crashes,
> > > linked to the "back" buttons; sometimes, getting to the last directory
> > > in the "back history" makes emel segfault. Didn't have the time to
> > > investigate, though, and it was kinda sporadic.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Liviu
> > >

> > When it happened to me, it was after moving a directory from one pane to
> > another using the move button. Frequent, yet sporadic too.
> This one is harder to guess. Most obvious is something to do with
refreshing filelists. Do you use polling for FAM, or inotify etc?

> Regards
> Tom

I used to get the same thing on x86_64 gentoo, but seemed to have been
resolved with 0.4.

However, I am now experiencing the exact same thing with 0.4.1, albiet on
an x86 system using uclibc rather than glibc (can you say "unsupported"?
;) ).

It _always_ happens when going to the root directory with either the 'up'
or 'back' buttons, and it _also_ happens from the command bar when you use
`cd ../` to get to the root directory, and even happens with just `cd /`,
so the issue seems to be changeing to the root directory itself...