Re: e2 branch - pre-release

  • From: tooar <tooar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 00:54:47 +0100

Hello,

dsyates wrote on Wed, 10.11.2004:
> tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > For your viewing pleasure at http://dasui.prima.de/e2wiki/DownLoads
> > there is now a new pre-release of the e2 branch code.
>
> Can someone briefly explain to me the difference in the regular
> pre-releases and the torn and trunk pre-releases? What is the branch

trunk is the main developement tree, that's subversion term.

> code? Has the project forked?

i've looked up the links in the ML archive for you:

//www.freelists.org/archives/emelfm2/09-2004/msg00042.html
//www.freelists.org/archives/emelfm2/10-2004/msg00019.html

Tom's going a more direct way to the goal of not having any deprecated
widgets anymore, but right now it seems Tom's branch is the only one
that's going anywhere.

regards,

        tooar

--
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
  -Voltaire