Re: e2 branch - pre-release

  • From: Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:29:00 +0200

Hi,

On, Mon Sep 05, 2005, TomPh wrote:

[...]
> Feedback please. I aim for a quick turnaround and an official 0.1.2
> ASAP, to get those bugfixes out to the wider community.

Okay, here is one, which applies to previous releases as well.

On dialog interaction (e.g. deleting a file) the default action seems to
be wrong. To verify:
1. Select a single file.
2. Delete it (eiter via DEL or the menu entries)
3. Note that the delete dialog has the Cancel button as default button
   activated.
4. Press ENTER or RETURN.
5. Note, that the file gets deleted.

According to the awaited behaviour, this is badly wrong. I think, the
same applies to several other dialogs as well.

It seems, that line 335 in e2_dialog.c does not have any effect. The
result I get on pressing ENTER or RETURN is -5 (GTK_RESPONSE_OK),
although it should be GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL (-6).
It looks like the Cancel Button sets this correctly in the line
mentioned above, so I guess there is something wrong in another place.

Regards
Marcus