Re: e2 0.1 release-candidate

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:10:47 +0200
Arnout Lok <arnout.lok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> not really related to this release, but I noticed that emelfm2 can't
> do anything with dirs with an "~" in the filename. I know it isn't
> very common, but I mirrored a site from a provider where als users
> have an url like: provider.com/~username.
>
> I doesn't expand the ~ when I type it directly in the adres-bar.

Address bars (and now the command line as well) expand a '~' into your home dir
(like "/home/arnout"), if the ~ is the first character entered.

A '~' _after_ the start of a path-string presumably can't map to an absolute
path, or at least, not on your own file-system. In your example, is the '~'
just "home/" ?

> Arnout

Keep up the feedback.