Re: Two problems

On 02/10/2012 07:15 AM, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:44:44 +0000
Geoff<capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:10:52 +1100
<tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

What behaviour/operation seems to trigger the crash?

As I said, I have been out of the loop somewhat for a few months now, and
another thing I have learned is that I do have gkt 3 (3.2.3 to be precise), on
my system.  I have got as far as setting WITH_GTK3 ?= 0

I guess you mean WITH_GTK3=1

  for the recompilation
(maybe a futile gesture anyway), but it does not help.

It is really hard to find any common ground between the files which trigger the
crash, except to say that they are numerous and it does not seem to depend on
length or any particular content.

Is it merely opening the file in question ?

Or scrolling, for example ?

   That is why I wanted to experiment a bit
more and try to provide a more helpful bug report before notifying you.  Life
is still a bit hectic today (it is getting late here now), and maybe tomorrow,
but now that we are on to this I will provide the backtrace and some
sample files which provoke the crash.

No rush, whenever is convenient. Maybe nobody else has this problem.

Actually I do. It's not frequently but it happens sometimes. I didn't pay attention until I saw this conversation. I don't see any particular pattern. I have compiled emelfm2 on gentoo linux with WITH_GTK3 ?= 0. I have both gtk2 and gtk3 installed:
[IP-] [  ] x11-libs/gtk+-2.24.4:2
[IP-] [  ] x11-libs/gtk+-3.0.12-r1:3

   To provide an initial quick example, the
little text file attached is just a record of a youtube url for a piece of music
and a translation of the text.  It crashes both my existing emelfm2 and the new
WITH_GTK3 ?= 0 version.

No such behaviour here (gtk 2.24.4 or 3.0.12, I haven't been sufficiently
patient to overcome build-problems with 3.2.x).