Re: Two problems

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 13:33:26 +1100

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012 00:07:26 +0000
Geoff <capsthorne@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am pasting all that I see after the crash.  Is there any way I can do more
> find the exact assertion message?

No, it's shown, thanks

> I am seeing more of the Type 2's than Type1's at the moment, but the whole
> thing does give the appearance of randomness. Files that opened without
> problems one moment provoke one or other type of crash the next - then open
> without problems again later.

Yuk! This type of thing indicates that the problem has probably got nothing, or
not much, to do with the indicated code and related error messages. Probably,
yet again, gtk is asynchronously doing something un-documented.
> Type 2 :

From here we have a pointer to an apparent problem, relating to gtk3 styling
mechanisms. On the www there are various reports of the same type of failure.
Sofar I haven't seen any solution. The same emelFM2 code is used multiple
times, and only in the view-dialog it fails? Edit dialog too? Mkdir dialog too?

The only useful choice for us is some trial and error to try to see what's
happening. More thinking needed.