Re: Gbd Report: emelfm2-0.8.0-1.fc16.x86_64

  • From: xaphir <xaphir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:56:26 -0400

On 04/10/2012 05:07 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
Am Freitag, den 06.04.2012, 13:07 -0400 schrieb xaphir:

This pain is probably just beginning.  The GTK is under the authority of
the Gnome Foundation, which has plans to subsume the gnome
libraries into the GTK toolkit; aka, Project Ridley.

Even though I am not convinced of Project Ridley I don't think we should
dramatize things. The project only covers some small and usually
unmaintained libs. They will still be standalone even as part of GTK.
The main GNOME part will not be merged.

Kind regards,
Christoph

According to http://live.gnome.org/ProjectRidley there will be 10 bugged libs subsumed into GTK:

libgnome
libgnomeui
libgnomeprint22
libgnomeprintui22
libglade
libgnomecanvas
libegg
libeel
gtkglext
libsexy

If GTK was not part of the Gnome Foundation the fact is that this wouldn't be happening at all. GTK has been successful up to this point but I really don't see this as advancement due to the new management. Rather, it appears more like a method to cover past mistakes underneath a successful toolkit.

--
--Xaphir