[ell-i-developers] Video of the demo installation

  • From: Teemu Hakala <temmi@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-idbm-2014@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:25:18 +0200

Hi all

Now that we have a fantastic demo we are willing to showcase to just about
everyone and their dogs, it would be grand to have a video of it showing 247 on
the stand. This video would serve two purposes, to educate bywalkers of what
the heck this installation is about anyhow and to instruct people on how to
interact with the demo.

The IDBM group shot some videography of me explaining the demo. I have received
Mahna's video and am linking the dropbox folder in here. There are some
photographs as well. Julia and Hai were shooting too, they might have some
additional usable material.

Ivan promised he could cut the video so now we basically need to make a script
and possibly storyboard and send him all the material. This might possibly be a
group effort, in which case we need to concentrate on where to cut and when.

When sitting with Ivan, we constructed a short list of requirements for the
video, I'll paste that here. This is not final but in my view a pretty good
starting point.

We are also discussing with EIT that they could help in making a properly shot
and produced video, so this effort could focus more on how fast we can make a
decent video.

Also, I'd like to publish our resulting video on the interweb tubes for
promotional purposes.

features we want in the video

- instructions on how to use the ipad
  - select proper wifi
  - kill the app
  - start the app
  - in case that doesn't work - reboot the ipad
- info on how to use the app
  - there is a script to kind of follow
    - select one of the products to see more
      - if it says try it out, press that and look at the shiny lights
    - you can always go back and forth
    - the product info view allows for selecting any product on that mannequin
      - if it says try it out, press that and look at the shiny lights
    - there is a special hot zone in front of the mannequin wearing Ahto that
triggers magic

- info on what the demo is about

- info on what ell-i is about

- logos of ell-i, globe hope and nimble devices

 - t