[ell-i-developers] Re: Tentative plan for Arduino Ethernet library support

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 09:31:20 +0200

>> That would take too much time at the moment, and I'm therefore planning to
>> implement only UDP, for now.  That should be enough also for DHCP, as the
>> Arduino Ethernet library implements DCHP.
> I’m all for this. Working UDP/IP that includes DHCP and COAP support is
> plenty to give us communication with a Node.JS aggregate running either just
> a translative UX or some automation agents.

Would you care to go for hunting after an Arduino Ethernet-library based CoAP?
That is not a big deal to implement, but it adds another week or two.  Maybe
even libcoap might work, as the Arduino Ethernet-library has a rudimentary
socket interface.  But it would be good to see if someone has a ready solution,
for now.

> I am looking at a new Linux distribution designed so that the whole
> distribution can easily be branched and buildworld’d for even a small /etc
> configuration feature testing. It is looking promising and I’m really happy
> somebody (Lars Wirzenius) has taken notice on how badly the Linux
> distributions generally do any kind of world-builds. This could replace the
> Debian on our Raspberry Pi and make us have faster and more trackable
> deployment for the aggregate host software.

:-)  Sounds good to me!