[ell-i-developers] Recommendations for MCU for Led driver?

  • From: otso@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 13:23:41 +0200

Hi all,

I'm designing microcontroller-controlled LED driver. I need to select a
suitable MCU for project. My requirements are: Absolute minimum of 2
16-bit PWM channels, 3 strongly preferred and 6 would be enough for all
purposes I can foresee right now. Frequency "as high as possible", at
least over 50 kHz.

MCU should have an ADC channel for each PWM-channel, muxed ADC with low
samplerate is ok.

MCU also needs SPI-lines for communication with outside world.

Does someone have experience with suitable microcontroller? Any
recommendations for selection?

-Otso