[ell-i-developers] Re: Progress

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 19:27:55 +0200

Hi Jose,

> 1. ENC28J60 SPI driver (done)

I kind-of like your SPI interface, it is quite nice.  However, as you may
guess, while your coding style is beautiful, I don't like the implementation,
as it is completely imperative and generates bulky code, while we are leaning
towards a declarative approach and clearly smaller generated code at the
current ELL-i runtime.

Ivan, I think it is worth your time to have a look at Jose's implementation as
well, just to see the difference in coding style if nothing else.  In a certain
way, his handwriting is more beautiful than mine.  If we didn't have the strict
space constraints, I might prefer such a clean, simple, and nice approach.

> 2. Ethernet driver (almost done)

Have you made sure that you have read the ENC28J60 errata?  That is quite
important.

--Pekka