[ell-i-developers] Re: Priorities for this week

  • From: Ivan Raul <supra.material@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:45:32 +0200

Dear Pekka.

I intend to add the required features to the Serial object.

For that reason, I'm trying to understand the old code for serial at the
Arduino repository, in particular, in

it uses a "write" function. I assume that it is connected with the
RingBuffer.h in some way, but I am not completely sure if it is true and

My assumption is that you used the ring buffer to writhe characters from
the arduino sketch  application, and then pass them to the transmit
register with some kind of interrupt handler that is only triggered when
the serial transmit register is available again.

As far as I understand, that is the reason you use "yield" function in the
new Runtime:

you simply wait until the Transmit Data Register is empty.

Thank you in advance for your comments

With Warm Regards, Ivan Raul