[ell-i-developers] Re: Partially working recursive make -- please test!

  • From: Eero Hakala <eero.k.hakala@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers <ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 15:33:19 +0300

Hello all. I made some tests and got clean results for ellduino and
corresponding emulator (core dumped but otherwise OK).  My platform is
Ubuntu 14.04 - both 64-bits and 32-bits systems. NOTE both compilers are
installed to Ubuntu (this is because I just couldn't figure out a proper
reference to Arduino/build/linux/work/hardware/tools/g++_arm_none_eabi
compiler envirnment...)

Some prequisites:

Step1: Inside Ubuntu, open a terminal and input
       "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:terry.guo/gcc-arm-embedded"

Step2: Continue to input
       "sudo apt-get update"

Step3: Continue to input to install toolchain
       "sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi"

To remove installed toolchain, just input "sudo apt-get remove
To update the toolchain, just repeat above step2 and step3.

Cloning the new Runtime environment:

git clone --branch feature-make-wip --recursive git@xxxxxxxxxx:

then you can just run
make sketch.cpp