[ell-i-developers] Partially working recursive make -- please test!

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Asif Sardar <engr.asif.sardar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 20:55:13 +0300

Asif, all,

Based on the work we did earlier today, I pushed a partially working recursive
makefile system to feature-make-wip branch in github:

This version successfully builds (in stm32/build) the sketch for hardware
ellduino, hardware stm32f4discovery, and emulator ellduino.  Emulator
stm32f4discovery combination does not compile, as the emulator does not support
stm32f4 yet.  I will continue to work at that at some point, but probably not

This now needs testing to make sure that it compiles fine also under Linux and
that the resulting hardware binaries work.  Anyone who has the right hardware:
please test and post your results to the list.

Hopefully the ellduino emulator also works under Linux; the Mac problems are
most probably Mac specific and should not affect the emulator under Linux.
There may still be some missing Linux-related emulator things that are on your
branch Asif but on in this branch.

It would good also if someone wrote a Wiki page on how the new system works,
i.e how it builds the different binaries in different subdirectories.

Once we know that the binaries work we can push this to the master branch.