[ell-i-developers] Re: Linear Technology has jumped in on Arduino-like things

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 09:09:49 +0200

Here is the main page to Linduino for those (like me) who hate videos:

http://www.linear.com/solutions/Linduino

> Very interesting. I have not taken a good look on any chip manufacturer’s
> development platforms, but apparently at least LT has a common connector
> among many evaluation boards, and now an Arduino-like processor board that
> has the same connector too, as well as good code library support for it.

Indeed. I guess everyone is jumping to the Arduino bandwagon now: Linear,
Cypress, Lattice at least.

> For me, this marks mainly that we are on a good train, Arduino-like
> development is starting to be seen as potentially a professional development
> tool as well as its origins as hobbyist toy platform.

Right, but it also means that we now need to start marching instead of walking
slowly.  But we are doing that.  Soon we may need to start running, but for
that we'll need some more funding too.  So, let's talk to STM!?

> In future I hope we can provide a shield having that same Quickeval-connector.

Could we add to the "Arduelli" Application board?

> As a power delivery platform, ... not all of our users are willing to do
> their own power supplies, so providing an easy path to the Other Side would
> show that we are not about locking anybody in. More so we are willing to
> connect anything to anything and provide a means of making a path where none
> was before.

Yes!

--Pekka