[ell-i-developers] Re: Elevator demo for hackathon

  • From: Teemu Hakala <temmi@xxxxxx>
  • To: "ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 18:02:31 +0300

Hello everyone

I like the proposal and have only a minor suggestion for updating it.

The motor drive needs two output pins and there is possibility of a separate
brake system. The motor as DC motor is driven with a H bridge. In the future
more powerful version we might need a BLDC, which needs three pins for its
three-legged H bridge. This is all nitpicking though, the system is likely to
evolve a lot when different people start to work on it and many details might

As such, it is good to have a proposal to present. I think it is easier to lure
contributors this way than just waving hands a lot explaining the concept in
air. Plus, we have Lego and everybody likes Lego.

 - t