[ell-i-developers] ENCX24J600 driver now able to receive packets

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 21:21:19 +0200

In today's Hack'n'Ack event at RIoT (FU Berlin), I was able to fix our
ENCX24J600 driver so that it actually receives packets correctly.  There were
two bugs:

- I had done sloppy reading on the datasheet on MACON2 register, getting two
bits wrong
- The automatic flow control feature ECON2 feature doesn't work as advertised
  - there appears to be some silicon error, but that's not in the errata

Once I had fixed both of these, i.e. correctly set the reserved bits in the
MACON2 register and disabled automatic flow control, the driver started to
receive packets.  More work remains here, but now we know that the physical PCB
is correct.

More work is also needed on the sending side, which currently sends wrong
packets, but that should be easier to fix.

Sorry, I haven't committed changes anywhere yet.  Will try to do tomorrow.