[ell-i-developers] ELL-i demo system materials

  • From: Teemu Hakala <temmi@xxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:58:07 +0200

Hi all

I’ve dropped a set of Lego Mindstorms at the ELL-i cabinet. The meaning of this
is that we should build some concrete physical devices and take control of it
with Ellduino and suitable electronics. The RCX box is not usable in our sense,
but the actual motors and sensors should be ok.

Now, interfacing the motors and sensors to ELL-i system requires some thought
so at first we should find out how much torque at what rpm the motors have and
then find out how to make safe 9V supply etc. The sensors should also be
demystified before attaching them to anything. Lets not burn anything okay? :)

This is related to the lets make a small lift -idea from Aziz and the pieces
should be able to lift a mug of coffee or something. Please lets keep the set
complete so everything should stay at the ELL-i cabinet.

 - t