[ell-i-developers] Developing on STM NUCLEO-F334R8

  • From: otso@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 10:20:32 +0200

Hi all,

I need some paircoding / handholding to get started with Nucleo

I managed to get the first homebrew version of LED shield built. I'd like
to start developing code for it while I wait for the industrial PCBs to

I checked out the mbed platform for the F334, apparently it's still in
alpha state.

While ST does have a link to mbed site for platform, mbed itself does not
advertise it and I cannot compile "blink" on mbed yet because of "target
not recognized" -error.

It seems that I've some porting to do, so I'd rather spend my time porting
our own runtime than mbed. I'm not much of a programmer, so chances are
I'll spend 10x the time someone who knows what they are doing would.

I assume I can grab one of those USB/Serial converters, look up how
they're wired on Ellduino and copy that on Nucleo pins. I also assume that
STM32flash utility works in a same way it does on Ellduino. Please correct
me if either of those assumptions is wrong, it saves at least a day of my

I'd guess the next step is to look up pin definitions and change them as
appropriate. Then I probably should see if there are any register
definitions etc. and make sure they are valid.

After all that I probably could get a blink running, after that it should
be relatively simple to drive a PWM signal out of some pin.

Do you think I'm on a right track? Any thoughts / comments? Does someone
have time to help me through the porting?