[ell-i-developers] Context Switching

  • From: Ivan Raul <supra.material@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ell-i-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 19:45:02 +0200

Dear Pekka.

Good Afternoon.

After checking the current implementation of the threading system, I can
particularly see two important elements:

First, the ARM-M0 is designed to simplify context switching (two stack
pointers, interrupt and threading mode, partial context already stored at
interrupt state, etc.)

Second, the context switching implementation seems quite functional, the
scheduler is the one that is still in progress. It is like the basic layer
for threading is already developed (maybe needs to be tested)

What was the last state of that part, the oct9-demo branch when you stop
coding for it?

What would be the initial state for new development. In particular, I was
thinking on defining the interfaces ASAP, in order to complete the API with
reference to those parts and allow better matching when the threading part
would be ready.

I am preparing a document for the wiki, as suggested by Teemu, to explain
and fully understand the current context switching implementation (and
possible design decisions taken for that)

With Warm Regards, Ivan Raul