[elky] Re: update

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:50:19 -0700

I had this late fee thing happen to me earlier this year. My credit union had only given me a 5-day window from the time they sent the bill to the time they added a late charge. I called 'em and told 'em that I was anticipating a rather large sum of money that I planned to deposit in their organization. I went on to say that if they didn't waive that late fee, I'd drop 'em like a hot rock and go to another institution. I also said, "and if you don't believe me, just try it. I'll go to the trouble of changing to a different credit union over a $25 fee." "Just a moment sir, while I speak with my supervisor." Elevator music for 5 minutes. "Sir, we've waived the late fee. We're sorry about the communication problem. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Assertiveness: Being wrong at the top of your voice.   LOL!

On 1/3/2013 11:22 AM, Mary McCarthy wrote:
totally agree with you on giving them an inch. Congrats! I think that puts you in the 'difficult' file. Where I wanna be....

Our phone company (Century Link or Century tel) pulled a fast one. Lot of daddies are home with the kids while wife works in this economy. Well, one was doing a really good job paying the bills as soon as they arrived. So he was kinda confused when his phone bill had a late charge on it. Long story short - the late fee was tacked on after the bill was mailed by TPC and before it got to the customer. Watch your bills.