[elky] Re: update

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:25:07 -0500 (EST)

I also have heard some funny stories about them.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 1/3/2013 1:26:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Ray Ray Ray - you be REAL careful with those  reverse mortgages.

86 year old lady in OR has one.  She was  doing fine until Oregon announced
they wanted to put a cloverleaf where her  house is.  The money from OR
will payoff the mortgage but then she's  homeless AND broke.

And if you family cannot pay it off when you  leave this earth immediately,
it will got into foreclosure.  That's how  they make their money.

careful, careful,  careful!

mary

Right on, bro!  Give 'em hell!

Btw, my "up  to 20 mbit" fiber line runs consistently at 8mb.  I'm gonna
call today  (after the appraiser for the reverse mortgage gets thru) and tell
'em that  if that's the best they can do, then switch me to the 7mb and drop
my  monthly billing a ton.  I'll keep ya posted.

On 1/3/2013 4:53 AM, _STILLFRANKSFAULT@aol.com_
(mailto:STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx)  wrote:

Hi guys, I have an update on my cable company's high speed  service.
Today I received the monthly bill for the new up graded service, from  15
at 40.oo to 30 at 39.oo. Sorta a no brainer. Well, the bill says 59.99
........... why am I not surprised. So... I call them, explain, and she  says
that this is the way it is, and there were no specials at that  time.........
yata yata yata..... This is where the New Yorker in me  Kicked in. I said
really? Told her I want my old service back at 40.oo She  said no can do
because it was a deal and now was dropped. Ya see where  this is going, so I
start
yelling and ranting, and I want to speak to  someone that has the authority
to fix it. I'm on hold for a long  time. Probably waiting for me to hang
up.
         She comes back, says  the manager is busy, but told her to give me
it at 39.oo, well look at  that, yet another example of the squeakiest gear
gets the most oil.
     I know it was only 20.oo but if ya give them  an inch.......

Smokey Mt  Frank