[elky] Re: update

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 10:26:15 -0800

Ray Ray Ray - you be REAL careful with those reverse mortgages.

86 year old lady in OR has one. She was doing fine until Oregon announced they wanted to put a cloverleaf where her house is. The money from OR will payoff the mortgage but then she's homeless AND broke.

And if you family cannot pay it off when you leave this earth immediately, it will got into foreclosure. That's how they make their money.

careful, careful, careful!

mary

Right on, bro!  Give 'em hell!

Btw, my "up to 20 mbit" fiber line runs consistently at 8mb. I'm gonna call today (after the appraiser for the reverse mortgage gets thru) and tell 'em that if that's the best they can do, then switch me to the 7mb and drop my monthly billing a ton. I'll keep ya posted.

On 1/3/2013 4:53 AM, STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi guys, I have an update on my cable company's high speed service.
Today I received the monthly bill for the new up graded service, from 15 at 40.oo to 30 at 39.oo. Sorta a no brainer. Well, the bill says 59.99 ........... why am I not surprised. So... I call them, explain, and she says that this is the way it is, and there were no specials at that time......... yata yata yata..... This is where the New Yorker in me Kicked in. I said really? Told her I want my old service back at 40.oo She said no can do because it was a deal and now was dropped. Ya see where this is going, so I start yelling and ranting, and I want to speak to someone that has the authority to fix it. I'm on hold for a long time. Probably waiting for me to hang up. She comes back, says the manager is busy, but told her to give me it at 39.oo, well look at that, yet another example of the squeakiest gear gets the most oil.
     I know it was only 20.oo but if ya give them an inch.......
Smokey Mt Frank