[elky] Re: [non] Flying

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 20:42:32 -0500

              That's what happens when you party too much before your shift.
Happens to pilots and FAs all the time. They don't use their rest period
like they should.

                Anyway contacting tower on landing is really more of an
annoyance than anything else. Approach gets you there then you have to
switch over and contact tower right before landing and at a bad time.
 Landing at uncontrolled airports is much easier as you skip the middle man
and just talk to the other planes there over unicom.
                Just make sure to ignore half what they say as you don't
need that info and write down anything important on the winshield with a
grease pencil and never ask them to repeat anything as they will make it
difficult on you if you do.

                          Robert Adams