[elky] Re: just a curiosity....

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 08:43:44 -0600

I have several cars on my mental list of "wannas." 1957-1961 Studebaker Silver Hawk, 1967 Cadillac 2dr hardtop or convert, 1959 Elky, 67-72 Suburban 3-door and a buncha others that flit in and out of my mind.

But for something that might fit your needs, how about a 94-96 Impala SS? Yeah, they're fodos (4 doors) but they have an LT1 350 and suspension that's very close to the 9C1 police package. They're pretty fast for a big fodo, and can be tweaked pretty easily with some suspension mods, a little work on the intake (like a K&N system) and exhaust and a performance chip. It's definitely a sleeper...especially if ya were to paint it white (although that's my least favorite car color) to get away from the 3 factory colors, black, dark cherry and dark gray green (looks better than it sounds.) Maybe a nice pearl white would work.

On 9/3/2011 7:51 AM, CTSVMONGO wrote:

Its cool, I bought a house, and Ive been so busy trying to make it livable, along with being busier than Ive ever been making less money than ive ever made... I know what its like!

I guess I left out the point to that email... I am curious if anyone has suggestions on some little known almost sleeper(but not necessarily because its stupid fast) cars that are really cool.

Buick GN, wow you can buy a gorgeous 9 second car for around $10,000 and drive it with the kids in the back seat.

Stuff like that, what else is out there...