[elky] Re: info

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 15:08:17 -0400 (EDT)

OK so not enough info to track down. Thanks

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 7/1/2011 2:58:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Note that, even if you find the IP address, you will still probably not  be
able to get the identify of the person from his/her service provider.  The
best you could do is to notify the provider of the nuisance  behavior, but
what they do with it is up to them.

On Jul 1, 2011, at 1:57 PM, Jared Ryan wrote:

Are you talking about AOL Instant Messenger, or e-mail?

If it's instant messages you're talking about, there's no way to tie an  IP
address to a screen name, at least that we have access to.  Only AOL  could
do that.

If it's e-mail, the source IP address will be in the full header.  I mean
the full header, not the one that is normally displayed.  Full mail headers
are not gobbledygook to me. :-)

On Jul 1, 2011, at 1:53 PM, _STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx)   wrote:

Doesn't the screen name tie into the IP? somehow?

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 7/1/2011 12:40:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
_printces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx)   writes:

screen names are very anonymous.  trust me, I have  several.  You need the
IP address the email address is at.   It's somewhere in the gobbleygook.

You need a name and  vague address to go further - Michigan is enough to
get you  started.    Then I recommend _Switchboard.com_
(http://switchboard.com/)  and _Intellius.com_ (http://intellius.com/)

for real estate -  _realtor.com_ (http://realtor.com/)   and _zillow.com_
(http://zillow.com/) .  And there's always  google maps.

you need more data to get started.

What kind of problems are you having?  It's the Internet -  we let any old
crazy person on it.

Mary

hey guys,
  I have a question for you computer guys. I am having some  problems with
a person on the Internet. I am trying to find a phone  number or address,
all i have is the screen name:
_herhamama@xxxxxxxx (mailto:herhamama@xxxxxxx)  they live somewhere  in MI.
near Port Hoiron.
Any info that would help me would be appreciated.
  Help me Ob-wain your our only hope.
Smokey Mt  Frank

=