[elky] flooring was A/C line

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:42:51 -0700

We were looking at model homes a few years back (stealing ideas, don'tcha know) and all of them had laminate flooring. There was one in particular that someone had walked across in high heels and it left little heal holes all across it. Didn't look good. Not to say that it wouldn't have dug little holes in solid wood flooring, but you can fill and refinish that.

I'd buy a couple pieces and live with them awhile before making the final decision. The ReStore has a lot of it still in boxes. We looked at laminates but ended up with good old 3/4" solid red oak that we finished ourselves. We can always touch up the finish but you can't do that with laminate. Solid oak is harder to put down and finish so it's a choice between what you can physically do yourself and what you can't, I think.