[elky] Re: cars and kids

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:40:55 -0700

best wishes on both the car and Nate's new job.

Not sure which is cuter <G>

Mary

Mini_01.jpg
We were going to do some car shopping today, but the first person that came to look at the Monte Carlo SS last night bought it (I really priced it right, for what it was). It did not last 24 hours on Craig's List. So we took off last night to look at cars.

We are now the proud owners of a brand new Ice Blue 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman. Cindy will be using this for her pet sitting business. It will get a lot better mileage than the 1999 Pathfinder. I will be driving the Pathfinder to work on snowy and rainy days. When we have over 20" of snow, she will still be able to get to the little pals with the Pathfinder if needed as well. Now I can concentrate all automotive therapy on the El Camino. All is right with the universe.

Nate just left for the train station on his way to the first day on the job Downtown at Chase Tower as a "Chase Investment Services Representative".  He is really happy to be moving up in the company from an assistant branch manager to this. I too a picture of him on the way out with no tie. He is happy about that too. He can't wait to move to the City with his other friends there. He won't be needing his convertible downtown....... too bad... we'll have to make sure it starts and runs from time to time.

JC

Nate_1st_day_Inv_serv.jpg