[elky] Re: bumper jacks

  • From: Saul Marsh <saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 20:36:56 -0700 (PDT)

The guy I talked to had a VIR system that he rebuilt on his '76 El Camino
Classic.  He's not sure whether my '76 Sprint has it but it strikes me that he
would be able to know the difference.  While I was talking to him, it became
clear that he knew alot about R-134, R-12, and something called "Freeze-12"
which I gather is an aftermarket refrigerant meant to put in old systems.  I
know absolutely nothing about A/C, but this guy seems to, so I think it's time
to hire him sometime before he retires.  When I test-drove his El Camino, the
A/C was not working.  According to him, it is working much better now.  I
enjoyed talking to the guy, so we'll see how this works out.