From: elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:elky-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of John Christensen
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2011 7:21 AM
To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [elky] Re: brakes on acura tl type s

Bimmers go through brakes like crazy too, but are also very easy to change.
They put you through the windshield if you stomp on them though. This cannot
be said for the El Camino.... hod on and pray is more like it.

JC

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 6:58 AM, Brian M <ctsvmongo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Did the brakes on the tl Monday night and after all the moaning I did about
that car, I'm pleasantly surprised about the ease of maintenance....
Put the stock honeycomb style wheels and tires back on for pot hole season.
Brembo brakes, 4 piston 2 piece callipers huge.  All you do is tap out 2
pins pull the pads out and press pistons in enough to make room for new ones
I did this with my fingers, lube up the new ones and slide them in, tap the
pins back in.  No joke 5 minutes.  Impressive considering what I've spent
timewise on others.
Changed the oil.  Super easy, easier than a hot rod, the oil filter is in
the wheel well no obstructions just turn the wheel to gain access.  Most
newer cars are a total pia all the way thru.

I've read the front pads wear real fast because if their size and design,
30k is good for them, we are at 32.   I've read some guys have had to change
them twice by now and have rotors replaced too. Wow that's some serious
braking.