[elky] Words (Non)

  • From: "Rick Draganowski" <dragan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 12:44:09 -0800

In Ray's writeup on building his Supercomputer he was discussing his video
board and used the word "gaming". Since I am an author words are very important
to me. Their meanings should not be blurred. Sigh. I am like a fish swimming
against the overwhelming current of inanity.

"Gaming" means gambling. Nothing more and nothing less. Any tack on current
meanings will probably be lost in a few years.

But for now, if you are playing games perhaps you should just say "Playing
games".

Rick Draganowski
The old curmudgeon

(Soli Deo Gloria)