[elky] Re: Wichita car show....was Re: Re: Fw: Broken window roller

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 06:43:41 -0500

I have been taking Nate to car shows ever since he was 1 or 2. He is a real
car guy now, although he is focusing on his Harley Sportster at the moment.
He can't keep a wrench away from it. Anyway, we used to take him in the
Radio Flyer (that we still use for gardening) and he really enjoyed the
shows. He learned at an early age, not to touch the fancy cars. Nate went to
the Geneva Concours last weekend, and thought it was the best show he had
ever been to. I was working and didn't get to go at all this year. Keep
taking him to the shows. You will find that you will make good connections
for parts, and friendships that will last your lifetime at the shows.

As for selling the Clustertruck... Craig's list would be the first thing I
would post it on. Just make it clear that you don't want to waste time on
people that just want to talk or tire kick. "Serious buyers only" or
something like that. "no texting" would be a good one too if you list your
cell. I sold the Monte in under 24 hours. Had 3 calls in the first 20
minutes. That was priced right (key) and desirable, but it will get exposure
even outside of your geographical area with Craig's list.

Good luck, and have fun at the shows!
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI