[elky] Re: Wed through Sunday with Mom

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 23:53:39 -0400 (EDT)

It is sad to lose a family pet, my cat is 14 and may soon be on his way
also. We all know this is the way of life. Don't dwell on the sadness of your
loss but on all the joy and goodness they bring.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 6/6/2011 7:21:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

refresh  my aged memory - who was piglet?

Yes, it's rough to make those pet  decisions.  Max the pitbull mix was
tough.  He had arthritis in  his spine but what really slowed him was the
degeneration of his knees in  the rear legs.  We had him in to the vet
for his wellness check in  September and - at 15 - he was  a healthy
dog.  By March he was  struggling just to stand up and the rear part was
not getting most signals  from the brain.  We decided to put him down and
the hardest part was  that he was still mentally sharp.  He knew
everything that was going  on.

it sounds like you made the right decision.  Just sorry you  had to make it.

hate that...

mary

>    Been rough here too. Had to put Piglet to
> sleep the  other day. She had a cancer lump on her shoulder that was
> getting  really nasty and she wasn't herself anymore and it wouldn';t
> have  helped to take her in when it first started as it would still
> been  5K+ to do anything about it including radiation. So not the same
> with  her gone. I buried her in the middle of a group of 4 trees that
> we  are going to hang hammocs from. She will be right there with us
> where  she would want to be.
>
>             Oh and the current temp here is 106.2
>  http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTXAZLE5
>   Been working outside  the last few weeks and getting
> heat exhaustion every day. Nothing you  can do about it. Can't drink
> enough water  etc.

Rules: Please play nicely with  others.

-List members page (text & pic  links):
http://www.myelcamino.net/eclist.htm