[elky] Re: Trip

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:31:39 -0500

I have soffit vents as well, overkill since it was still getting hot.

Vents on the top of the roof don't do anything without soffit vents. You can never over ventilate a roof. Having the eves wide open and the center cut out of the top of the roof and another little roof over that would be ideal but let all the bugs and animals in.

I have 54 soffit vents that I put in and I need to put a couple powered vents on the peak to get the heat out. AC powered vents are the only way to go. The solar is neat but you need 4-6 solar vents to equal one AC powered one. You can buy a whole lot of elec for the difference...

Ridge vent is a joke here and the roofers sure make a bunch of $ for something that doesn't work. Well it moves some air but very little CFM.