[elky] Re: That w word

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 09:01:37 EDT

Now that's funny.

-Staten Island Frank-

In a message dated 10/7/2009 9:20:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Who knows. I remember in 89 after  moving here from Hawaii... The mail
wasn't being forwarded properly as in  we didn't get it. Went down to the
main PO and asked why. The guy went in  the back and pulled out a big box of
our mail. He said they didn't deliver  it because it was from out of the
country and we would have to pay a  postage fee for all of it.
The Post office  clerks had no Idea that Hawaii was a state and they
had to make two calls  to find out....

Robert  Adams

Hmmm ......... I wonder if that was her problem too.  She  changed the Zip,
but I wasn't sure if I might have copied it  wrong. I never  checked, it
wasn't that important at the time, as  long as it was on it's way.
I hope it works OK, let me know after  the install.
-Staten Island Frank-

In a message dated 10/7/2009  12:05:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx  writes:

>I'm glad it made it there. When I got to the PO the  window  clerk was a
>person I worked with and she was new to this  job,  so.................
She
>could have cut me a break because  she knew me,  or more likely she didn't
>calculate it right. She  got flustered  because the zip code was coming up
>wrong. I also  thought it was a  cheep rate, but I wasn't gona question
it.

>-Staten Island  Frank-

I bought  something from a guy in NJ once and had zip code
issues. He told  me  the one to use and to not let the post office change
it
when you  mail  it. Well I took it in and told the clerk and she kept
insisting  to change  the zip code to what was in their computer....
Well
after  three weeks it finally got there. They finally figured  out on the
delivery end that the zip code in the USPS system  was  wrong.

Robert Adams

Rules: Please  play nicely with  others.

-List members page (text & pic   links):
http://www.myelcamino.net/eclist.htm
-List members page  (all   pics):

mail2web  - Check your email from the web  at
http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web