[elky] Re: Squirrel ate wiring

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 05:48:37 EST

I love it when a plan comes together. Glad you made it home.

Smoky Mt. Frank

In a message dated 12/28/2010 3:26:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kwhale22@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Final  report re this.  The FLAPS were no help; the connector is an order
item  for everyone (including the Chevy dealer I later found out.)

The  wires were bitten off too close to the connectors for butts, but I was
able to  scrape enough coating off the wires to get a drop of solder on the
wires  and attach about a 4" pigtail onto each wire.  That is, after I was
able  to borrow a soldering iron, solder and tape from a neighbor down the
street.  Twisted the pigtail onto the stub from the harness and made it
home in good shape.  I've ordered a new "factory" connector with pigtails  and
will install it in place of the jury-rigged unit that is now  there.

I guess all's well that ends well, but it was damn  disconcerting under the
 circumstances.

Dan

=