[elky] Re: Sprint in the shop

  • From: Saul Marsh <saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:14:16 -0700 (PDT)

I just got the Sprint back from the shop and am very pleased with the work.
A/C seems pretty cold, the car smells much better (actually, I can't smell it
at all), and it seems to be idling and accelerating better too (he "rebuilt the
vacuum system"...not sure what that means yet, as he was at lunch when I picked
up the car).  I did not have to replace the carburetor, since he was able to
tighten the fitting completely.  If it starts leaking again, I might go for the
edelbrock carb, but the 2-bbl Rochester seems to power the car pretty well, and
I have been getting about 15 mpg (even with the leaky carb), so I'm a little
hesitant to mess with a combination that works.  It ended up costing about half
what I anticipated, so I have some left over for the next service, which will
most likely be a front end alignment.