[elky] Re: Remember the $1995 53 Chevy...

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:22:08 EST

Interesting, it does sound funny BUT..................ya just never know. I
 have seen these stories second hand. And that old saying (being in the
right  place at the right time) does happen from time to time.
Sooo.....IMO if this car is something you would want at that price, then
beat the information horse to death just to be sure. Can't see why he won't
talk, red flag, unless no english.

PS: I have a friend that bought a 2Dr 58 Chevy Delray from a lady for
$850.oo The car was mint and easily worth 10,000.oo at the time. So I say, ya
just never know..... Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Smoky Mt. Frank

In a message dated 12/4/2010 3:26:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

...that appeared to have lost a  digit?

I finally got an email  from the "seller."

"Hi,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest  for my car.The car is
in excellent
working condition, no scratches, flaws  or any kind of damage,
slightly used in 100% working with a clear  title.
From the begining you have to know that for the payment I request  only
secure pay, I
prefer the payment to be made using Autotrader  services.
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at  Autotrader  .
The final price that I want for this car is  $2000
including shipping and handling costs.
If you are interested in  buying it please provide me your full name and
address so I can
initiate  the deal through Autotrader .
I will wait your answer(if you are interested  to buy) very soon.
Thanks"

I emailed  him asking to speak via phone.  This is the answer I  got:

"Hello  ,
The car is already at the shipping company sealed and  ready for the
shipping. I have a contract with Autotrader so this deal must  go through
them. I'm very
busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so  I can't meet in person
with you so this is
the reason why I chose to sell  my car over the internet. According with
the Autotrader you
have 5  days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if
you want to  keep
it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will  need  the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping  Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them  to
Autotrader
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both  invoices. The
invoice will
send you the details on how to make a refundable  payment.
4. Autotrader will contact me and I will ship the car to you.  After you
receive the car
you will have 5 days to test, verify and do  whatever you need to the car.
If you will buy,
then
I will receive the  payment details from Autotrader so that I can pick up
the money.
5. If you  will decide that you will not buy the car,  Autotrader will
refund the  money and
I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish  to make
the transaction,
please send me the necessary info so that we can  proceed. I look forward
to hear from you.
Thank you"

So I checked Autotrader.  The car is no longer  listed.  Hmmm...tried
calling Autotrader, but only ended up in  "conversant hell."  I'll try again on
Monday.  I think "scam" would  be appropriate.  I guess I was wrong about an
honest  mistake.

JPEG image