[elky] Re: Ray...

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 14:02:00 -0700

I also got the same info on the Nova list. :) Too bad I don't have my truck any more. Down to just 2 vehicles now: the Burb and the Monte Carlo (race car...eventually)

well, it's a PHOTO contest.

Camp rat sounds like fun (not). Just be careful climbing up on top of the burb. I HATE camping.

Ya know, I seem to remember something very similar to the streamliner. I think it was way in the back corner at Harrahs in Reno. It was a yucky shade of greenybrown.

For those of you following along - Jake is back home with his leg taped top to bottom, a plate and a bunch of screws in it. the vet cut it to re-align it and repair the ligament damage. 6 weeks and we get to do the other leg. But he should be able to walk again.

Mary

With 3 weeks until Speed Week, I've been asked to show up a few days early and photograph the course setup. So I decided that I'm not gonna live out of the back of the Burb for 2 weeks straight. I'm tryin to find the gear to set up a tent with room for a desk (card table), chair and cot. I'm gonna set up "Camp Rat" and be do a little less of the roughin' it thing. I think I've found a generator (slightly used, 3kva, good price) and I need to find an 8x8 wall tent. And I need to set up platform on top of my Burb so I can get the kinda shots I've been asked to provide for next year's program cover.

I've had very good results with my sports car posters (which is why I've been kinda scarce around here....about 10 16-hour days in a row with 2 back-to-back race weekends has had me runnin in circles. And now I gotta finish editing photos for the race events to put 'em on my web server. The fun never stops. :)

Oh...and this morning I shot the freshly restored and painted "City of Salt Lake" streamliner:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/lsr/bsf2010/20100720/Welcome.html

Ok.  Back to work.