[elky] Race car progress

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 19:22:15 -0600

After Speed Week, a brief rest, then the BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials, Jim and I finally got back to work on the Fox Paws Racing team equipment.

I found some waterproofing paint with some grit in it to paint the ramps with:

Jim got and began installing electric brakes on the trailer:

and I had the dubious pleasure of installing a fuel filter in the braided fuel line.  There are few things I dislike as much as working with braided line...eating rocks might be one of 'em.  But after several cuts (and finding out that the threads on the hose end piece has left-handed threads) I got 'em done and the filter installed:

It's not the way I originally planned it, but I only had one straight coupler and had to buy one locally.  All they had was a 90-degree coupler...so that's why it's the way it is.

Doesn't seem like a lot but I think we did pretty good.  We're gonna start on it in the morning and it'd going to the muffler shop Tuesday am.  I'm gonna see if I can get the alignment shop to do it that afternoon or Wednesday morning and possibly take it out to the track for a few laps on the road course...with different wheels and tires, of course.  I dunno.  That may or may not happen.

Stay tuned,