[elky] Re: Printed circuit board for gauges

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:43:34 -0500

I have been thinking of taking the Malibu cluster I have in to the people at Autometer to see what is available to fit in it. I think they are in Sycamore, but I don't know if you can just walk in the place. I know <http://www.myelcamino.net/ec/list/DSCN0394.JPG>Mike H. put aftermarket gauges in his Elky, but I think he made a flat board for them. I imagine they work though <G> I think it would be cool to see the Autometer units in the stock dash somehow.

Then I would need a speed sensor for the Fuel Injection. Got any suggestions for that? I suppose I could tap off the sensor from the speedo cable/trans mount type and run both an electronic speedo and the ECM.

The stock one puts out 2000 ppm to the ECM and to the cruise. So when going with an aftermarket or one pulled off a GM car you have to make sure it has the right PPM or else the ECM won't know how fast the car is really going.

All this is provided my son gets a job after college is done in December. Things are looking good. Target wants him for a manager, but Chase Bank is where he wants to be, and that looks good too so far.

JC

Unfortunatly there are no aftermarket gauges small enough to go in place of the stock ones....Would be nice.