[elky] Re: Printed circuit board for gauges

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:40:13 -0500

I used to think I was going to cobble together VDO gauges for the '80.
 Now I'm thinking I'll save my pennies for a Dakota Digital dash.:

VFD3-81C-MC
http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=200/category_id=-1/home_id=-1/mode=prod/prd200.htm
http://www.dakotadigital.com/cartimages/prd_zm_200.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2140/4041/30349520058_large.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2140/4041/30349520056_large.jpg

I need to see what it takes to become a dealer... the tach adapter I
bought worked well and was easy to install.  Group buy anyone?

I thought about that one time and way back they were reasonable with dealer apps on paper but they were a pain to deal with so.....

I'd love a digital dash but I'd prefer an analog needle looking one to numbers as they take less time cause you look for position and not having to read and interpret numbers.. Had an 86 skylark with digital gauges and hated only having numbers and all that red light was distracting at night.