[elky] Re: Printed circuit board for gauges

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:21:24 -0500

I have been thinking of taking the Malibu cluster I have in to the people at
Autometer to see what is available to fit in it. I think they are in
Sycamore, but I don't know if you can just walk in the place. I know Mike H.
put aftermarket gauges <http://www.myelcamino.net/ec/list/DSCN0394.JPG> in
his Elky, but I think he made a flat board for them. I imagine they work
though <G> I think it would be cool to see the Autometer units in the stock
dash somehow.

Then I would need a speed sensor for the Fuel Injection. Got any suggestions
for that? I suppose I could tap off the sensor from the speedo cable/trans
mount type and run both an electronic speedo and the ECM.

All this is provided my son gets a job after college is done in December.
Things are looking good. Target wants him for a manager, but Chase Bank is
where he wants to be, and that looks good too so far.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
Saint Charles, IL