[elky] Re: Our southern accent neighbor....

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:44:24 -0500

                  Well there is no dad there to come home and they run loose
most of the time. That's part of why I want to get the fence moved to the
property line where it should be. The POs put the fence 5' or more in from
the property line cause that's where it was for years as there was an alley
in the back for who knows why. And they were worried that if they had to do
any utility work that they would tear it down and then the owners would have
to replace it since it was in the easement. Well they didn't understand how
easements work here. You can put anything you want there as long as it isn't
a permanent structure. If they have to dig etc the contractor has to remove
anything needed and then replace it all to the condition it was before. IE
if a plant dies they replace it fence fixed etc. Had the cable contractor
once drop off a check for $200 cause they killed two plants when they tried
transplanting them. Never said anything to them they just came by with a
check and an apology.

           As for the kids still... They tend to tear up stuff. They kept
coming in the back yard when we moved in and had to block the rear gate
cause they kept prying it open. And then tear up stuff and were throwing
stuff against the back of the shop as well. So moving that fence to the
property line will fully block them from their play area and give us quite a
bit more yard and it's on our side of the fence where we can enjoy it. I
gotta mow it etc so it might as well be on our side of the fence...
        Oh when we moved in there were some kind of weeds back there. 3/4
diameter trunk and 6-10' tall. Tried cutting them and that was tough then I
just yanked them out of the ground. Had huge piles for the trash guys....
Now it's a quick easy mow. Just grass burr plants and crab grass.

          Gotta lime the crap out of the soil to lower the acidity and get
the grass to grow. ANd then kill the crab grass and nutsedge. Massive
carpets of nutsedge.

                   Robert Adams