[elky] Re: Origins [was Re: dinner w/ Cort]

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 10:13:36 -0500

My El Camino was built in Arlington, Texas, a major suburb of Dallas that is
where the Texas Rangers and Dallas Cowboys play.  It seems to have always been
a Texas car, mostly in the northern part of the state.  The first owners lived
in Dalhart, then a guy in Pampa bought it, and that is where my grandfather
found it and brought it down to me in Houston.  I've taken it out of state once
on a long trip to New Jersey and back but it's spent the vast majority of its
life in Texas.