[elky] Re: Oh, hell! (transmission questions, too)

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:50:11 -0400

This will be short & choppy because I'm thrashing to get work done and
retrieve my brothers car hauler, it blew a tire and is stranded.  Story
when I have a moment.

The AED 950 flows 820cfm, all Holley based "950" cfm carbs flow around this
number due to there being two HP style main bodies: one for 750s and one
for 1000s.  The 950 is a 750 main body with the bigger base plate.

I assume you have checked the fluid in the 200 trans.  Have you contacted
the manufacturer?  They may have troubleshooting tips.  You know I'm all
about manual transmissions, but you have some coin in that 200, and a
manual conversion is not simple (yet not terribly difficult either).

If I were to buy a T56 today (and I'd love to for the '80) I'd buy it from
one of the two recommended builders on the LS1tech forums.  I'll send you
the links off list.

And thanks for the kind words, you don't owe me anything, other than for
YOU to get into the 130 club!