[elky] Re: Offshore Volcano

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:33:07 -0700

Ash is not that big a deal. You hose it off (NEVER wipe, it's abrasive) and go on. More of a nuisance than anything. I was talking to a local gal one day about Helen and she related the story of how they had all the farm animals, including the horses, in the garage for a few weeks. Not pleasant. Hard on engines but who's going to go driving around in an ash cloud? We have a tarp to put over the heat pump but that's pretty much all you can do. I think a snowfall is worse. and what about Tornados? no thanks.

Stop worrying about brake dust, look for a good deal on luggage.