[elky] Re: Offshore Volcano

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 18:20:33 EDT

Stop worrying about brake dust, look for a good deal on luggage.

Smoky Mt. Frank

In a message dated 4/28/2010 6:17:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dragan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

We have a nameless active volcano about 28 miles  offshore of my home. Also
the mountain I live on is a hopefully extinct  volcano. The news media has
a lid on the offshore volcano since they don't  want to interfere with the
tourist trade. Sigh. U of O has had a ship out  there watching it for a few
years and I have had three light and one  heavier ashfalls from it. The heavy
one was explained as ash from a  forest fire east of here. Strange since
the wind was from the west and it was  not wood ash. But tourism comes first
around here. We get minor tremors from  it almost every week. But tourism
comes first.

Don't believe everything you see on television  news.

The future is uncertain.

Rick Draganowski
(Soli Deo Gloria)