[elky] Re: New Injectors

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:19:22 -0500

I had much the same issue when I first changed over. I had the 45# injectors
for the 305. So I upgraded to the 55#. Things are better, but I don't know
if the 7727 computer is set up for the 9C1 PROM. Mine is much better with
the 55#, and I think it is matched to the computer. I think mine is like the
truck program for the 350. With the higher compression and mild cam in my
engine, I know it could be better though. Just don't know how to go about
changing it.

There is a spacer that goes in there to raise the pods, that you can get for
about $10 on eBay, that is said to dramatically increase the air flow. Even
more than boring the throttle body and intake would do. Check it out. I
don't know if my injectors could compensate for the increased air or not,
but I am sure your setup could.

It would be interesting to figure out if I could swap to your ECM,
Injectors, and 9C1 chip and go without any other mods. I believe you have an
air intake temp sensor that I don't have. I don't know if it was in my
harness. Will have to look.

Glad you got this figured out!